Question: Dear Amina,
I want to be a marine biologist and work with dolphins to learn how they live and survive. What should I study at school to achieve my goal. What are the key skills I should have?
What an awesome question! To become a marine biologist and work with dolphins:
1. Study biology, marine science in college/university.
2. Gain experience through internships or volunteering at marine facilities. There are summer programs in many places like Australia, The Bahamas, Hawaii where you volunteer and learn lots
3. Develop strong observation skills. Science is all about curiosity and asking the right (and out-of-the-box) questions.
4. Spend your free time reading about marine mammals. 🐬
5. Keep in touch with marine biologists in the field.